- More than 5 million Americans are living with Alzheimer’s
- Alzheimer’s Disease is the 6th leading cause of death in the U.S.
- 1 in 3 older adults dies with Alzheimer’s or another dementia
- Alzheimer’s and other dementias will cost the nation $305 billion
- Over 16 million Americans provide unpaid care for people with Alzheimer’s or other dementias
- These caregivers provide an estimated 18.6 billion hours of care valued at nearly $244 billion.
- 82% of primary care physicians say they are on the front lines of providing dementia care
- 50% of primary care physicians believe that the medical profession is NOT ready for the growing number of people with Alzheimer’s or other dementias